Friday, November 28, 2008

Brian Burke is Magical and Mysterious


New Leafs GM Brian Burke steps off his plane and into the terminal at Toronto International Airport. He is carrying a briefcase in his right hand and only blue Sticky Tac and a credit card in his left. He meets a Leafs intern who was assigned to pick him up at the airport and has a look of complete bewilderment on his face.

BB: What the... How did I get here?

Leafs Intern: Um, you took a plane from Anaheim, sir.

BB: Now why in the hell would I do that?

Leafs Intern: Because you...

BB (interrupts): I DON'T CARE. Where's Sundin? Let me talk to Sundin!

Leafs Intern: He's, um, in Sweden, sir. I can have someone try and contact him if you...

BB (interrupts again): Horton's! Where's the nearest Tim Horton's boy? I haven't had that stuff since I left Vancouver.

Leafs Intern: There's one right over there.

BB: Yes.... Yes... Sweet nectar!

Leafs Intern: Are you OK, sir?

BB: Yes I'm fine. Tell MLSE that I won't listen to their offers unless they put a Tim Horton's on every street corner in Toronto.

Leafs Intern: There is already one on every street corner in Toronto.

BB: So they're on to me. They know my plan. Boy, find Lauren Hodgmon and give this Sticky Tac to her. She'll know what it's for. Right now, I've got business to attend to.

All of a sudden Burke is wearing a cape and mask and bounds off down the terminal. Before he gets out of sight, he stops, looks around and jumps out the nearest window.

Leafs Intern: Oh no... How am I supposed to explain this to my boss?

1 comment:

  1. I hope Brian Burke's crime fighting won't get in the way of his Leafs managing...and that his cape doesn't get him sucked into any jet engines

    ReplyDelete