Friday, June 27, 2008

Sharks Re-Sign Roenick... Twice?

Did I miss something? I must have, cause by my count the Sharks have now re-signed Jeremy Roenick twice this off-season.

Let's see... On May 21st TSN put out the following report.

"Roenick Signs One-Year Deal with Sharks"

I don't really need to quote from the article since its title explains the situation pretty well. So, I was kind of confused when over a month later, on Wednesday afternoon, they put out something similar.

"Sharks Sign Pavelski, Roenick and Boucher"

Chances are I missed something here. I guess the deal simply wasn't made official until recently, but a month? I can imagine there being that many kinks to work out. Weird.

No matter though. We've got another year of JR (again) and I think we can all celebrate that (again). Hookers and blackjack, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. My guess is that the first story was them agreeing to the contract and this was the official signing. Or something like that.

    But man, I really wish I had taken that picture of JR. And are my eyes playing tricks on me or are his eyes different colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture made a frustrating day turn into an awesome one. JR=hilarious.

    ReplyDelete