Sunday, March 16, 2008

Join the Official BMR March Madness PickEm Group

I know it's not hockey, but I figured it would be fun if we all got together to do a March Madness pick 'em. We could always use more bragging rights around here, no? I think it's hard to not like March Madness, even if you don't like basketball. I know college basketball isn't too big in Canada, but hell you can just pick whichever teams have the coolest mascots. Those people usually end up winning anyway. The luck factor is HUGE.

And as an added incentive, the winner gets to guest post at BMR. Whatever you want to write about, you got it. Unless you write something about Mark Messier being awesome. Then we might have a beef... But I digress.

All you have to do to signup (assuming you have a yahoo account) is click on this link: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1

Click "Join a group" and enter "90777" as the group ID # and "mullets" as the password. Make sure you make your picks before the first game on Thursday.

So good luck and God speed! Hopefully we don't get any Ranger fans winning... That would suck (kidding).

And here's the Swedish Chef because he's so freaking awesome.

9 comments:

  1. I've so always wanted to do one of these thingys and never has...I just picked my teams based on what I know about college football (so-so) and family loyalties (They like Kentucky, that should serve me well, right?).

    So we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about college basketball, so the odds say that I'll win! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's some even awesomer Swedish chef footage, in honour of today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tried and true method for picking (as demonstrated by my ex-girlfriend) is to pick the team with the tougher sounding mascot. Do it by mascots and you can never go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @blackcapricorn: sounds like a quick thing to do. Maybe I'll do it that way...I dont' eve like basketball, but a guest post at BMR may be enough of a bait...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, why the hell not? I'm going with my patented Pick'em system of close my eyes and click

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, if I win, since I've already done a free post over here, can I just go ahead and get paid for that? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. count me in for some swedish meatballs and this march madness thing, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ryan: Sure, but just remember that I charge a $100 fee for filling in at blogs based in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete