Monday, November 26, 2007

Some Guy's Marriage is Your Gain

(C) Ebay: atts_11

I'm sure you've heard the story before... Guy meets girl. Guy proposes to girl. Guy and girl get married, move in together. Girl makes guy throw away his collection of hockey jerseys. It's really an age old tale, especially in the northernmost parts of Canada.

On Ebay you can find another example of such a story, thanks to some guy whose name appears to be Carl. It's a Minnesota Wild jersey, which is said to be brand new. The bidding ended on Saturday at $65.44, so I'm obviously a little late here, but that's not the issue. The real story lies in the description so humbly provided to us;

"Things used to be so good in Carltown, when I lived by myself and had my jerseys hanging wall to wall. Then I got a girlfriend. We moved in together. Things were not so good in Carltown anymore. We got a new place together called Cathyville. The jerseys are not allowed on the walls anymore. The jerseys are not allowed in the closets anymore. We are no longer to speak of Carltown."

While we mourn the loss of Carltown, take a gander at another linguistic gem in the shipping details.

"USA Shipping will be $16, Rest of the World contact me."

That's an awful lot of emails, Carl. Are you sure you really want all of us to contact you?

h/t DeadSpin

8 comments:

  1. Carl gets my thumbs up for not only referring to himself in the third person but as a town.

    I will never let my girl take my jerseys out of blackcapricornopolis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear blackcapricornopolis is lovely this time of year! However, I shall soon be wasted away again in loserdomiville after exams are done. Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt...oh wait here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he is selling the jersey because it's atrocious. Seriously, the Wild get rid of the best looking jersey in all of sports and replace it with something a Christmas Tree puked up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* Carl, why did you take up with this hater?

    This relationship is doomed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope I don't turn into that kind of wife if I ever get married.

    Ryan-I agree. I really liked the green with just the logo on it. Much, much better than this other sweater they are trying to convince us to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe this guy is standing for that! Be a man! If she doesn't understand, kick her to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girl hates my jerseys, but her parents got me one for Christmas last year. At least now I can say, hey love, your PARENTS gave it to me, I can't get rid of THAT. Or the others for that matter. He'd get lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @prcizmadia: +1 for strategery and awesome girl's parents

    ReplyDelete